Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pork Loin

I got a head start on tonight's meal by putting a pork loin in the crockpot. To ease my leg, which still hurts if I stand for too long, I chopped veggies while sitting at the breakfast counter with the girls. Here's hoping this turns out well!

1 3 lb. pork loin
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 white onion, cut into thin strips
9 oz. apricot jam
1 package onion soup mix
1/4 cup red wine
1/4 water
2 Tbsp honey

Place peppers and onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
Put pork loin on top of veggies.
Mix jam, soup mix, wine, water and honey together.
Pour over meat and veggies.
Cook in crockpot on low for 8-10 hours.

Depending on how I'm feeling this afternoon, we'll have this with roasted green beans and brown rice - or just the green beans...



As the above photo indicates, I felt well enough to pull together an entire meal. I was very thankful... one meal down, thousands to go.

No comments: