Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Situations Call for Old Favorites

This week has brought the first full week of school for my daughters. We've all been a bit tired as we adjust to the new schedule, with new teachers and new friends waiting to be made. Even though it's been my first week with all of my children in school, it's been very busy. Monday was a half-day for Kate, so she and I took the opportunity for one last fun outing to Bicentennial Mall. Tuesday and today I had appointments all day. So it's been a week full of activity, but with little invention in the kitchen:

Monday's Menu
Broccoli & Cheese Chicken Breasts
Salad with tomatoes & cucumbers from the garden

Tuesday's Menu
Whole Wheat Penne with Spaghetti Sauce (I added spinach and fresh tomatoes to boost the veggie intake)
Salad with tomatoes & cucumbers from the garden
Garlic bread (actually, hot dog buns dressed up as garlic bread...)

Wednesday's Menu
Scrambled Eggs
Cheese Toast
Fruit Smoothies
  • 1/4 - 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup plain yogurt
  • 2-3 cups frozen fruit: mango, papaya, pineapple, blueberry
  • 1 banana,
  • 2 fresh peaches
  • Blend all together in blender until smooth
We'll see what tomorrow brings... maybe next week I'll get back into the cooking groove.

No comments: