Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Peruvian Lomo Saltado

OK, it's been a while since I posted a recipe of any sort. Last week was crazy with Monday bringing dinner guests for B's birthday, Tuesday bringing dinner guests for Prince's Hot Chicken (carry-out) and Wednesday bringing the birth of a new nephew! I thought I would cut my losses and not blog about any of that, but start this week out right. Lomo Saltado is a recipe I found from a friend who was a missionary in Peru. This dish has a fabulous flavor!

For Monday Night:

Peruvian Lomo Saltado
2 lb. chuck roast, cubed
6 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, cut in strips
2-4 tomatoes, chopped

Combine vinegar and spices. Add the meat and mix well.

Let marinate for one hour (at room temp, if possible).

Brown the meat and onions in olive oil, then reduce heat and cook for 1-2 hours or until meat is tender. (The longer, the better in my opinion. Last night, I only had about an hour to spare before dinner was served.)

Add the tomatoes about 30 minutes before serving.

Serve over french fries (I know it sounds crazy, but it is good) or over rice.
We had this with English Peas to round it out.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That looks amazing! (and I vote for french fries ;))