Sunday, September 20, 2009

Disconnect

There's been a disconnect lately between what's been happening in my kitchen and what's been happening on this blog. I've woefully neglected to blog anything that I've cooked in a long time. I can't possible catch up on everything, so here's what we had for dinner tonight, along with an article that my husband suggested inform my cooking going forward. He sent this to me after one night last week when he and two of my daughters all turned their noses up at homemade tomato soup. I'm thinking about trying what the article suggests...

Chicken Casserole
1 cup rice
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup lite sour cream
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dry mustard
3 tbsp. butter, melted
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed (or crushed cornbread crackers from your pantry, as the case may be)

Cook rice and place in greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Top with cooked chicken.
Mix soup, yogurt, sour cream and spices together. Spread over chicken.
Mix melted butter and crushed crackers together. Top casserole.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Served with roasted green beans.

No comments: