Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chicken Pockets

My children are monsters of my own making and don't want to eat left-overs that are just like what they had the previous night. I, too, crave variety in food, so I've really trained them to expect something different every evening for dinner. While that's generally OK, it sometimes feels like a lot of work!

When I made yesterday's pot pies, I had about 1 1/2 cups of pie filling left over. Tonight, I'll put the filling into crescent roll pockets and bake those up for the girls while J and I eat what's left of the original pot pie. Here's what I'll do:

Can of cresent rolls
1 1/2 cups chicken pot pie filling

Smooth perforated line between two crescent rolls to create 4 crescent "squares."

Distribute filling evenly amongst squares.

Fold together by pulling corners together in the center.

Bake as directed on crescent roll package, but for 2-5 minutes longer.

No comments: