Monday, May 11, 2009

Salmon & Co.

J is planning to start the South Beach Diet soon, so I'm ramping up my repertoire of no carb meals. I'm not sure this is no carb, but it is pretty low carb:

Marinated Salmon
1 lb. salmon (4 fillets)
1/4 water
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 chicken bouillon cube
2 Tbsp olive oil

Place salmon fillets in glass dish. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over salmon.

Marinate for 30 minutes to one hour.

Bake at 425 for 10 minutes, then broil for 10 additional minutes or until done.

Green Beans with Seeds
1 lb. extra thin green beans
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt
pepper

Mix all together. Roast at 425 for 25 minutes.

Green salad
Arugula
Spinach
Cherry tomatoes
Slivered almonds
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Light Italian Parmesan Dressing (only 2 carbs/serving)

Arugula is the best lettuce in the world, in my humble opinion - so much flavor for a leaf!

Funny story: I had put the fish in the fridge to defrost this morning, so this afternoon I grabbed a cookbook to find an easy recipe to use for salmon. In the index, I saw "fish marinade." When I went to the recipe, it was my own. I don't think I've used it since I submitted it to the cookbook years ago. As I ate my dinner, I thought, "Wow, this fish is so good. No wonder I put this recipe in the cookbook." I guess my tastes haven't changed...

No comments: