Monday, February 9, 2009

Grocery Day Tomorrow

It's been two weeks since I went to the grocery store, so we are running pretty low on choices for dinner. When I came home for lunch today, I scouted out what was left in the pantry (not much) and decided this was worth a try. (I had originally planned to use many of these same ingredients to make burritos, then discovered I was out of tortillas. An empty fridge stirs creativity...)

1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 scant cup rotel tomatoes with some juice
1/2 onion, chopped
1/3 cup chopped bell peppers
1 cup rice, cooked in 1/3 cup white wine & 1 2/3 cup water
3 tsp. taco seasoning (from packet)

Saute onion & peppers in olive oil.

Add beans and tomatoes to onion & peppers and stir in 3 tsp taco seasoning.

Heat through, then stir rice in.

Top with pineapple or regular salsa and sour cream when serving.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

How did I NOT know that you had THIS blog and your WORDGIRL blog?

I am adding them to my favorites on my blog and can't wait to read everyday!

It makes me miss you and your family even more than I already do! Natalie