Friday, July 17, 2009

Chicken with Veggies


I rarely buy marinades. Partly because I've always felt I can make one just as well from scratch and partly because I shop at Aldi a lot and they don't sell them. However, this week when I shopped, Aldi had a trio of packet marinades for less than a dollar each. I thought it might be worth trying, so I pulled some chicken breasts out of the freezer and tried it.

The herb marinade packet called for
3 tbsp of olive oil
3 tbsp of white vinegar
1/4 cup water.

I was marinating a larger amount of chicken than recommended, so I used 1/4 each of olive oil and apple cider vinegar and 1/3 cup water. I also let the chicken marinate for about 36 hours since J ended up having a work dinner one night this week. Since I had split chicken breasts instead of boneless, I baked them for about 75 minutes at 350.

With the chicken, we had:

Roasted Green Beans
Drizzle olive oil over frozen green beans.
Top with salt & pepper.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, then 400 for 10 additional minutes.

AND

Green Salad with Marinated Cucumbers.

No comments: