Thursday, January 15, 2009

Curry Chicken Casserole

Sometimes you just want comfort food. Perhaps I should say sometimes I just want comfort food. I've had a cold all week that keeps getting worse and I really want some homemade chicken soup. However, I don't have any homemade chicken stock in the freezer and I just can't make chicken soup without real stock. I decided this was the next best thing - and easy, since I had the ingredients on hand.

1 cup dry rice, cooked (use 1 1/2 cups dry next time)
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, defrosted :-)
1 can cream of chicken soup
2/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp dry mustard (use 1/4 tsp next time)
1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1 package frozen chopped broccoli pieces
1 sleeve ritz crackers
1/4 cup butter or margarine

Put cooked rice in greased 9 X 13 pan.

Layer chicken over rice, followed by broccoli.

Stir together cream of chicken soup, yogurt and spices.

Pour mixture over broccoli.

Crush sleeve of ritz crackers.

Melt butter and mix with crackers.

Sprinkle on top of casserole.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

No comments: