Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tomato Tart

My Bible Study is having a wrap-up potluck tonight for our last meeting on the book of Ruth, so I'm making two tomato tarts - one to bring and one for my family to eat. Since the pie shells come two to a box, I nearly always make two of these. I'll often share one with a family who just had a baby or otherwise could use a meal. The tart is good paired with a vegetable soup or hearty salad.

2 refrigerated pie crusts
4 cups shredded mozzarella
4 Tbsp feta cheese
6-8 roma tomatoes, sliced
olive oil
garlic salt
basil
salt
pepper

Place each pie crust in a pie dish.

Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a dash of garlic salt.

Put two cups of mozzarella in each pie shell and top with 2 Tbsp feta.

Arrange sliced tomatoes on top of cheese.

Brush tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle basil, salt and pepper on top.

Bake at 400 for 25-35 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments: