Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fast Black Bean Soup

I have about 20 minutes to put together a dinner that the girls and I can eat when we return home from A's PTO performance this evening. Luckily, a friend had blogged about this recipe:

1/4 cup pineapple salsa
3/4 cup regular salsa
1 can chicken broth
2 cans black beans, drained and well-rinsed
plain yogurt

Heat the salsas in a pot over medium low heat for 3-5 minutes.

Add broth and black beans and heat for 15 minutes, or until returning from PTO meeting.

Blend partially with submersible blender.

Top with plain yogurt (or sour cream, if you happen to have that).

The original recipe calls for lime juice and fresh cilantro, which I'm sure would be lovely, but there is not time in my afternoon agenda for a stop at the store, so we'll go with this and see how we like it. I'll probably top with a few whole grain tortillas for a bit of crunch.

No comments: